As we start settling into our homes for the season of holidays (aka: Winter aka: Halloween through at least Mother’s Day) many of us also prepare to shop for friends and family.
I’d like to challenge you to #ShopHutch this year.
Spending money in Hutchinson creates more money for our community.
- For every $100 spent at a local national/regional business, $43 is kept in our community.
- For every $100 spent at a locally owned/operated business, $68 is kept in our community.
- For every $100 spent on-line, $0 is kept in our community.
Spending money locally pays for wages for your family, friends and neighbors at those businesses.
Tax revenue from your purchases then provides city services- such as police and fire services.
MANY local businesses give back to our community through donations and sponsorships to organizations and fundraisers.
We know you can’t buy everything all year long here, but we ask you to consider buying more locally, in Hutchinson.
Later this month, we will be hosting Small Business Saturday. (see front page of the November newsletter)
How can BUSINESSES participate in Small Business Saturday?
It doesn’t matter if you are retail or service!
- Sign up to be part of Small Business Saturday- draw shoppers to your business, no matter what you are selling.
- Build a snowman and name him/her. This project will get people TO your business, building awareness of what you offer. Don’t want to build a snowman- but you’d like to participate & support the chamber- consider partnering with an organization or team to build it for you!
- Have more questions? Contact Melissa at 234-0786 email@example.com
How can SHOPPERS/PUBLIC participate in Small Business Saturday?
- Shop around town Saturday, November 29th (and don’t forget any other day of the year)
- Grab a ballot and vote for your favorite snowman between November 29 and December 5.
- Watch for the Bring It Home Volunteers downtown and around town- they’ll have treats and giveaways. (Hint Hint…)
Join us as we celebrate the business community of Hutchinson and #ShopHutch!
Watch for a very special Small Business Saturday announcement coming soon!