When we publish this article, we will have just hosted the first Business Connection at Ashley HomeStore. As I write this almost 60 people have rsvp’d!
Humans need human connection. I looked up human connection facts and found hundreds of studies done to prove it. However, with the onset of the digital age, more people are becoming disconnected from human contact, which used to be suffered by the elderly, or outcasts.
We’ve seen the digital world change how we interact, but have you also seen what I have observed? People circling back to communicating face to face, picking up the phone to hear a voice, social gathering where phones are put away…. We are realizing what we crave and need is each other.
How to Connect through the Chamber:
- Business Connection, First Friday of the month, 7-8am. You can also host a business connection, or partner with another business to host.
- Business After Hours, the second Thursday of each month, Jan- May, Oct-Dec, 4-6pm. This has been scheduled out almost an entire year in advance. We can hook you up.
- For the Under 40 crowd- PULSE social events scheduled quarterly, and Lunch and Learns are held the second Wednesday 12-1pm Squeakys. Check out their Facebook page. PULSE is Professionals, Under 40, Leading, Socializing, Educating.
- Hutchinson Leadership Institute and Leadership 2.0 are not only great personal and professional development classes, but great ways to connect on a deeper level, building a network of trusted friends.
- Events: Golf Tournament, Annual Event, Taste of Hutchinson, and the Arts and Crafts Festival/Taste of Hutchinson bring people from different industries and backgrounds together in a fun, and relaxed atmosphere. Nothing says connect like a tailgating party (2019 golf) or an 80’s prom hair-fest 2019 annual event.)
- Committees: Agri-Business, thinkLOCAL, Golf, Made in McLeod, PULSE, are opportunities to meet with a common goal or industry.
If you would like more information on any of the above…. Please call us at 587-5252!
- Volunteer or join an Event Committee*, Like Water Carnival or RiverSong
- Volunteer for any number of organizations with focus of industry/interest/need*: Hutchinson Theater Company, Allis Chalmers/Orange Spectacular, MN Pottery Festival, Crow River Wheelers, DAV, Down with Diabetes Alliance, Equul Access, McLeod Alliance for Victims of Domestic Violence, Hutchinson Area Dollars for Scholars, Hutchinson Huskies, Hutchinson Jaycees, Toastmasters II, MN Garlic Festival, Today’s Women of Hutchinson, United Way, Gopher Campfire, Hutchinson Ambassadors, Crow River Youth for Christ, Common Cup , Hutchinson Downtown Association, Hutchinson Hockey Association, Hutchinson Kiwanis, Hutchinson Lions, OddFellows,/Hassan Valley Lodge, Hutchinson Elks, Hutchinson Rotary, Little Crow Archery, UCAP/United Community Action Partnership, Hutchinson Center for the Arts
- Networking Groups*: NRG- The Networking and Referral Group and BNI- Elite Professionals
Make a connection today, this week, this month.
“You have the time, if you want to make the time.” Enjoy connecting this month- Mary
*all organizations listed are members of the Hutchinson Chamber