HUTCHINSON, MN – February 15, 2017
Midwest Industrial Tool Grinding, Inc. (MITGI) has been named Manufacturer of the Year (small company category) by the Manufacturers Alliance, a Minnesota association that promotes education and peer-to-peer mentoring in the Minnesota manufacturing industry. MITGI was selected for efforts to help promote manufacturing through articles, work with schools, business partnerships, tours, presentations, and industry outreach.
“As a company, MITGI believes that it is part of our responsibility to help promote manufacturing, economic growth, innovation, and skilled workforce development,” explains Eric Lipke, MITGI President. “We’re fortunate to be part of a thriving manufacturing community that includes engaged and involved business leaders, educators, legislators, and industry associations.”
In partnership with area schools and businesses in the region, MITGI has joined together to raise the visibility of manufacturing. These efforts help to build the foundation for a thriving community and well-prepared workforce. Over the past year MITGI has:
- Provided tours to showcase different types of facilities, work environments, and career opportunities.
- Participated in advisory boards to ensure that opportunities in education and business exist for students when they are ready to work. Local education partners include Dassel-Cokato High School, Hutchinson High School, Glencoe-Silver Lake High School, Ridgewater College, and SCTCC.
- Hosted meetings and tours with legislative leaders and staff, including Senators Klobuchar and Franken.
- Participated in manufacturing-related education seminars through organizations such as Manufacturers Alliance, IMTS, Made in McLeod, Crow River HR Group, Minnesota DEED, Hutchinson Chamber, and Ridgewater College.
- Promoted activities and events to draw local, regional, statewide, and national exposure to the successes of these unprecedented local partnerships.
“We are very proud of the work that our employees do to help promote a strong manufacturing environment in Minnesota and in our community,” describes Jennie Nelson, MITGI Director of Sales and Marketing. “When we host tours and events, our employees provide personal perspective, explaining what it is like to work in manufacturing. The words and actions of our employees help individuals to connect their interests and talents to potential careers. It is important work, as the foundation we lay today will help ensure the long-term viability of our industry and community.”
MITGI will be recognized at an awards presentation on April 13, 2017 in Golden Valley, MN. The event will be attended by nearly 400 manufacturing leaders from throughout the state.
Located in Hutchinson, MN, MITGI manufactures and markets standard and custom cutting tools. Combining innovation with quality and repeatability, MITGI tools have become the product of choice in many R&D departments and manufacturing facilities that serve medical device manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, and rapid prototyping industries. MITGI is the recipient of the Image Award (2014 & 2015, Minnesota Business Manufacturing Award), Paragon of Leadership Award (Sheila Murphy, 2016, Minnesota Business Community Impact Awards), 100 Best Companies to Work for Award (2015, Minnesota Business), and the Top 150 Workplaces Award (2015 & 2016, Star Tribune).