592 Industrial Dr, Winsted, MN 55395 | (320) 485-2844
In 1998 Rollie Radtke, then the owner of the Waconia lumber yard, and Gregg Machemehl, a post frame sales and project manager came together to create RAM Buildings. Over the last twenty years RAM has developed commercial general contracting and excavation divisions. Specializing in post frame and steel frame construction lends itself to a variety of project opportunities including airplane hangars, poultry & dairy buildings, equestrian complexes, commercial buildings, agricultural buildings, storage buildings, and Post-Frame Residential homes.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT RAM BUILDINGS
- Post Frame Construction is an economical building method and RAM strives to help their customers achieve their building needs using budget minded construction methods.
- RAM’s goal is to deliver personal service, excellent workmanship and deliver with timely completion to their projects.
- RAM Buildings is a company of integrity. Their customers and the companies they work with need to know that RAM’s word is something they can count on.
- RAM enjoys post frame construction because of the diverse of projects they can build for a variety of clientele. They are efficient, so buildings go up relatively quick. Their company takes pride in their projects and has a feeling of satisfaction leaving a jobsite with a building in place after only a few weeks.
- RAM also distinguishes itself from some of their competitors by offering the RAM Advantage; this is their desire to take your project on at whatever capacity you want them to. If you are looking for a builder who can take care of the project from excavation, to building, electrical and plumbing, and cement – they can do that. If just you want a team who can help you construct the building so you can take care of the rest, RAM can do that too. RAM Buildings is comfortable taking on the whole project, a few parts of your project or just one piece.
PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND PROMOTIONS
- RAM specializes in constructing all buildings-built post frame. They also build steel buildings which are mostly used for commercial purposes.
- Another area of expertise is the design and construction of equestrian complexes. These projects include stall barns, indoor and outdoor riding arenas, storage and social areas. These projects are spectacular and impressive. They’ve also built move in ready commercial projects over the years.
- RAM builds year-round, working hard to keep their carpenters employed over the winter. To help make this happen they offer an incentive to customers by providing the best value through their winter discount program. They also offer a RAM Days promotion which coincides with our company’s anniversary at the end of February each year. The discount runs through late-spring / early-summer discount to kick off the year.
- A few things that make RAM unique are:
- RAM has seven carpenter crews building locally and throughout MN. They have long-standing relationships with subcontractor framing crews that they work with as well.
- They are willing to take on any aspect of your project as your contractor (RAM Advantage)
- RAM has many tenured employees with a great deal of experience in all aspects of their business. This makes it easier for us to find the right way to service their customers.
Recently RAM has set out to reach the next generation of carpenters and tradesmen. They have invested a great deal of time and resources into developing a three-week training course for those interested in carpentry and want to start their career right after graduation. RAM visited about 20 schools from the area, including Hutchinson High School. One 2019 graduate signed up for our course and has successfully completed it.
Reaching the next generation of carpenters is going to be a big task for all businesses in the construction industry and RAM has endeavored to be a leader in doing so. This will help RAM achieve their goal of continued steady growth.
RAM has been in business for 20 years! Happy Anniversary!
What does RAM Buildings enjoy most about being a Chamber Member?
RAM loves being a part of the Hutchinson Chamber of Commerce because of all the connections that we make, it is so much fun learning about everyone’s business and seeing the passion that every member has for what they do.