There is nothing small about Small Business Saturday in Hutchinson! Each year our Bring It Home committee works hard to plan some fun around Hutchinson. Now we just need Hutchinson businesses to jump on board. We need you to help make this big! The Chamber Board has once again decided to support local businesses with payments towards shoppers purchases.
Steps to Success:
Envision Your Day
- Design a shopping event showcasing your product and/or services
- Do something fun to entice people to come and shop with you
- Offer a special or discount for customers to use on Small Business Saturday
- Use the Hutchinson Leader and KDUZ/KARP to tell the community about your plans
- Utilize Social Media to generate excitement
- Word of mouth goes a long way; tell your customers, friends, and family what you have planned
- Chamber Members: Use your Chamber Portal to enter HOT DEALS, and your EVENT to the community calendar
(If you need assistance logging in, call Matt 320-587-5252)
- Non-Chamber Members; to enter an Event to the calendar
1.Go to ExploreHUTCHINSON.com 2. Click “Community Calendar”
3. “Submit New Event” 4. Enter info & “Submit for Approval”
- Call the Chamber at 587-5252 or email Casey
Your business will be added to our marketing pieces, including social media, and website blogs
- americanexpress.com/us/small-business/Shop-Small/ has great ideas to make this day special, and
has free resources
Who: Any Hutchinson Chamber Member may participate
What is it? This contest is meant to create traffic for your business. Display a Decorated Snowman at your business.
When: November 26 through December 2, 2016
How? Call the Chamber office at 587-5252 or email Casey by November 18 to sign up.
When you sign up we will need to know:
address /location of snowman/display
sponsor name*, and who the snowman is created by (if applicable)
*Businesses may sponsor a group to make a snowman on their behalf
- The cost is $25 to participate. Payments may be cash, check, or $25 gift card.
(Money will go toward expenses, gift cards will be used on Small Business Saturday to suprise shoppers)
- Create your snowman out of any material—be creative!
- The Bring It Home logo must be incorporated somehow. You will receive the logo by email when you register.
- $100 for Judges Favorite
Criteria: 1. Creativity 2. Use of Bring It Home logo 3. Incorporation of your business in the design
- Winners will be announced by December 9th, 2016
Why a Decorated Snowman Contest?
- The contest draws people in, bringing people INTO your business. Even if they don’t purchase anything, they are still IN your business– make the most of each experience!
- Doesn’t everyone love a snowman?
- In the past, several businesses used the snowman decorating as a team building exercise.
- Businesses had fun with the friendly competition. It wasn’t really about the competition, but being part of something bigger, and special, in Hutchinson. #MuchInHutch