Oh yes, it’s that time of year… we’ve finished off the turkey leftovers, scrambled through stores for those special items for gift giving… and now, it’s time to reflect back on the past year, before we jump feet first into 2016.
The Chamber is busy, busier than usual- which is AWESOME- we are helping our member businesses!
So much has happened in 2015, and it could not have been done without all of you- so I thought it might be a nice time to reflect back….
- We just finished up Small Business Saturday- thank you to all the businesses who participated and those who are in the middle of the Snowman Contest! Special thanks to Valley Sales of Hutchinson for providing the treats at the welcome stations, and to KDUZ/KARP for donating some additional prizes we gave out.
- The Ambassadors hosted the first Small Business Summit, which was a great opportunity for small businesses to learn, share and connect. The Ambassadors work hard to fundraise, which allowed our small businesses to attend at no cost. Mark your calendars for March 29, 2016 for the next Summit.
- The 41st Annual Arts & Crafts Festival takes many, many, MANY volunteers. Thank you to the 50 some volunteers who make time to help. An additional shout-out to the City of Hutchinson, Park & Rec, and the Hutchinson Police for amazing help and support during the event.
- Music in the Park filled Library Square with music and this year a movie. With themed nights, we were able to showcase more businesses and organizations. One of the biggest highlights was Citizens Bank Night, when we showed Wizard of Oz, and the raucous volunteers from Equul Access let kids paint the horse of a different color and threw squishy foam apples during the apple tree throwing scene- well played!
- Part of our work is marketing Hutchinson to bring more people here to see, play, eat, sleep and do. With our many tourism partners, they have helped bring people to Hutchinson. This year we were able to thank several partners with Tourism Marketing Grants! Thank you for your help!
- Does it sound like there is #MuchInHutch? There is, and thanks to McKimm Trucking and B&B Sports the message has been taken on the road- I cannot tell you how much I love seeing our information throughout our travels. Thank you Mike and Jeremy!
- Agri-Business, Bring It Home, Golf, Leadership Design, and Made In McLeod Committees work diligently to support and promote many local industries. These passionate people are a joy to work with, and they know how to get things DONE!
- Do you love seeing your event on the electronic marquee at the intersection of Hwy 7 & 15? Thanks to Citizens Bank and the Burich Family’s generosity, the marquee is back up and running, live and in color.
Finally, thank you to YOU! As a chamber member, your support, investment and commitment to our community benefits everyone. We are very lucky to live in a community that is thriving, vibrant, and progressive, and I thank you for your part in making Hutchinson a home we can be proud of!
Save the Date- Annual Banquet- January 22, 2016
Rustic Winter Wonderland- dress comfy, come for fun and food!